This is my collection of everything I know, and that I collected on FFXIV inner workings. This information was previously hosted in my ffxiv-info repository on GitHub, but moved here to it’s own website.
Developers, please look at the end of each page for example implementations that I know of. I find it incredibly useful to look at them, especially if I’m stuck on implementing something. If you have a project that you want to add to the list or suggest any kind of edit, don’t hesitate to email me or fix it yourself!
Note: These are actually referring to their 64-bit counterparts, e.g.
- ffxivboot.exe - Launcher for the launcher.
- ffxivupdater.exe - Game patcher.
- ffxivlauncher.exe - Boot/game launcher.
- ffxiv.exe - Game executable.
- ffxivinstaller.exe - Retail game client installer.
- Logging into Official Servers - Logging into the official game servers.
- Logging into Sapphire - Logging into unofficial Sapphire servers.
- SqexArg - Encrypted game arguments (sqexarg).
- Equipment - All about reading equipment data ala TexTools.
- Dalamud - Launching Dalamud without the help of XIVQuickLauncher.
- .mdl - Game model.
- .index/index2 - Game Data Index file.
- .dat - Compressed game data.
This wouldn’t be possible without all of the great people who open-source their work, and everyone else in the FFXIV community!
- Everyone else who develops FFXIV tools :-)